Sunday 26 July 2015

Brisbane French Festival

I'm a bit late writing about this one, but a few weeks ago Brisbane hosted the French Festival at Southbank.

It opened with a cabaret night on the Friday and continued with French themed live music, entertainment, food, stalls and drinks over the Saturday and Sunday. I had made plans to go with my sister after work on Sunday afternoon just to check it out in it's final hours. My sister bailed on our plans but I was still determined to go and experience it for myself; so I did!

I was still suffering from the flu at the time and probably shouldn't have been out in public on a cool and windy Sunday afternoon, but I soldiered on nonetheless. I was lucky enough to get free on street parking which never happens in Southbank! It was also only $5 entry which was super reasonable so I was even happier to be there.

When I got there I was so hungry and wanted food first thing. Unfortunately it was pretty packed at this stage and every food stall had a massive lineup. I decided to hold out on food and just took a look around the stalls instead. It wasn't a huge area; It was right next to the ferris wheel.

After looking around, I indulged in a Nutella crepe; dessert before dinner! It wasn't half as good as the ones I'd most recently experienced in Greece, but it was still enjoyable. I later had a Quiche Lorraine which was actually really good. I wasn't feeling very optimistic about getting a quiche, expecting it to be quite bland, however, this had to be one of the better ones I've had. Lots of flavour with bacon and mushrooms. I didn't have much to chose from to eat at this stage because everything was starting to close down. I was hoping to get some patè or cheese to take home but wasn't feeling well enough to wait in line for anything. I didn't stay long and headed home after I'd felt I'd seen everything I needed to.

I really wish I had of gone with a group of friends because it would have been great to share a cheese platter over a few glasses of French champagne. There wasn't a lot to do there other than eat and drink, which was fine by me, but if you were planning a trip to France, wanting French lessons or stocking up on French goods, you would have enjoyed it a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment