Tuesday 9 September 2014

Colour me happy

The colours I chose for my blog, probably aren't colours I would have normally gone for. My favourite colour is yellow and secondary to that is hot pink. I thought this combo may have been a little bright and girly for the kind of look I was going for this time around. The last few years though - judging by my bedroom - I've started to incorporate Turquoise into that mix.

The colour pallette I've gone with is made up from two shade of Turquiose, or one of mint if you like, paired with grey, white and black to keep it a little edgy and simple.
When researching the meaning of the colour Turquoise, the first definition I came across fitted what I hope this blog will live up to.
"Turquoise helps to open the lines of communication between the heart and the spoken word. It presents as a friendly and happy color enjoying life." - Colour Psychology
A mixture of these cool colours with a bit of pop, as well as neutral colours produces a clean white background with black text which makes for easy reading with a calm, happy and pleasant surrounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment