Tuesday 2 September 2014

My Personal SWOT Analysis

Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats

What is your dream job / career? 
Broadcast music Journalist.

What strengths do you already have in that area? 
I have played multiple instruments since the age of 6 and I have taught music for 3 years. Due to my heavy involvement and love for music, I have a broad knowledge of music and this assists with deconstruction and critique of music. My studies in media and communication have given me the skills to keep up to date with current media and to communicate with different audiences in an appropriate manner. My journalism studies have taught me to form effective angles for stories, but also to write for both print and broadcast.

What are you a little weak in that you need to work on to get that dream career happening for you? 
I need to develop practical experience in this area and also form relationships with people in the industry to give me a head start.

What opportunities are there for you to be well prepared when you graduate for your dream career? 
As well as finishing my degree, I believe it really is essential for me to gain real life experience working in the industry. Whether that be in broadcast or print, any kind of internship or work experience will prepare me for when I graduate.

What is the biggest threat for you in getting your dream career? 
There is much competition in this industry, but especially when I have my eyes set on something so specific. So the competition I may face with other people striving for similar success, may be my biggest threat. Especially from a self-worth/self-esteeem perspective - I may face challenges believing in my self enough to set myself apart from the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment